D.G. Myers Agency History







Contact Us




The D.G. Myers Agency was formed in 2004 after a long history of being known as Hewston, Reich, Schott & Company. The original agency, Hewston, Reich and Company, was formed back in 1924 by Howard Hewston and Harry Reich. They operated a small personal lines insurance agency out of a store front office on Haddon Avenue in Collingswood, NJ. In addition to insurance, they processed and issued motor vehicle registrations and thereby had a large book of personal automobile insurance clients. In 1959, Harry A. Schott, Jr. purchased the agency and formed the corporation, Hewston, Reich, Schott & Co. Harry Schott owned and operated the business for over 40 years out of the same Haddon Avenue office. Douglas G. Myers, who joined the agency in 1986, took over as President of Hewston, Reich, Schott & Company in 1995. Shortly after Harry Schott's passing, Douglas Myers purchased the agency in 2003 and moved the office from it's Haddon Avenue store front location to it's current site in the Wing Building at 215 Highland Avenue in Westmont, NJ. In 2004, the corporation Hewston, Reich, Schott & Co. was dissolved and the D.G. Myers Agency, LLC was formed to continue the long history of insurance service in the South Jersey area.


D. G. Myers Agency

215 Highland Avenue, Suite D

Westmont, NJ 08108

Phone 856-854-1100, Fax 856-854-7140,

Website Design By Compu-Docs